Friday, April 23, 2010

Average Name

JT.
Type this on Google. Or even better, walk up to someone and say JT. Just like Google, that person will think of Justin Timberlake. After all, he is Justin Timberlake, the one and only. Adored by many in the 90's. An N'sync icon. 6 Grammys, 2 Emmys.

I am John Tran, one of many. 6 billion people in the world. 196 million Johns. 10 million with the surname Tran. Born in the 90's. No awards. A high school diploma. (One thing in common with the other JT). How else can I say this? I'm like Shia Labeouf in Even Stevens. I'm like a unicorn without a horn. I'm like a Metapod who knows how to harden.


So what? I'm not telling you this so that you could pity me. I'm telling you so that you could know where I'm coming from. So that you could know that I'm not someone great. I'm average. I'm not the six foot NBA point guard that I want to be. Everything may seem a little exaggerated, but the point I'm trying to make is this: instead of moping over your failed attempts, keep trying until you get something going for you.

Take it from someone who knows his stuff. As the great JT once said, "Cry me a River." You could sit at home and mope about how average you are, cry about what you could have done, live your life based on regrets, but in the end, you did not get anything done. Your tears don't mean anything to Justin Timberlake. He's telling you to get out there and keep trying until you make it big.

My name is JT. I am not Justin Timberlake, but I made it to college. And soon enough, I will not be your average John.

4 comments:

  1. hahah, being a metapod that can harden is more an average i would say

    ReplyDelete
  2. average jt also features stylish dress, exceptional facial features, and the overall boy-band hotness, just like justin timberlake

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's more to come B ry!
    whoa whoa whoa, what kind of metapod are you raising selena? haha
    and to ben....are you suggesting that I am metro benji? haa

    ReplyDelete