Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Average Misconception!

Funny thing happened to me this year.
My friend, A-Fro, decided to look up the word "metrosexual" on www.urbandictionary.com one day and he immediately thought of me.

Ever since that day, my floormates have acknowledged me as "metro John." It's honestly pretty funny, but I have a feeling that this name is going to stick for as long as I'm in college. Great.
Here's what urbandictionary said:


































Going by these rules, I technically don't break any of these.

1. You just can't walk past a Banana Republic store without making a purchase. +.25/1

-I only own one article of clothing from this store. (No, it's not a man-purse; it's a polo).

2. You own 20 pairs of shoes, half a dozen pairs of sunglasses, just as many watches and you carry a man-purse. +.5/1

-I own about 10 pairs of shoes (basically all vans) because my friend, BK, hooked it up with 50% discount when he used to work there. Whoot whoot!


3. You see a stylist instead of a barber, because barbers don't do highlights.


-I've been getting haircuts from my friend, Nielsen, in his bathroom since 10th grade (pretty ghetto if you ask me).

4. You can make her lamb shanks and risotto for dinner and Eggs Benedict for breakfast... all from scratch.
-I can make scrambled eggs. That's about it.


5. You only wear Calvin Klein boxer-briefs.

-I do wear boxer-briefs, but the Hanes brand.



6. You shave more than just your face. You also exfoliate and moisturize. +1/1

-Okay. You got me here. What's 1 of out 6?


7. You would never, ever own a pickup truck. +1/1

-Fine. 2 out of 7 isn't too bad. Got me here again.

8. You can't imagine a day without hair styling products.

-I have gone many, many days without wax. More than I can count.

9. You'd rather drink wine than beer... but you'll find out what estate and vintage first.

-I hate wine.

10. Despite being flattered (even proud) that gay guys hit on you, you still find the thought of actually getting intimate with another man truly repulsive.
-Funny requirement, but this would definitely have to be a no.

2.75
out of 10? I think it's safe to say that I do not fall under the category of being "metrosexual." Tell me what you think. Remember, my reputation is on the line here, so please help me turn this average misconception into a BIG misconception!

4 comments:

  1. only metros have blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. the banana republic thing is a bit metro haha but thats it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wonder who mryumyumss with two S's is

    ReplyDelete